Bugs

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I set the different sensitivities, but the apply button appears to do nothing. Both the mouse and touchpad end up with the same pointer speed and I can't differentiate them. Does my mouse need to be unplugged while I adjust the touchpad settings or something? I'm using Windows 7 32 bit and a Microsoft wireless mouse. Thanks! I've been looking for something like this for a long time and just found out about it on Lifehacker. 

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I've been having a similar problem. I think perhaps it doesn't let me set the sensitivity at the extremes of the spectrum -- I do "apply" and then "get current" and it's apparent no change has been made.

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Somwhat same issue here.  It does not appear to change any speed settings, except occasionally when I set one or the other to max settings, both touchpad and mouse max out.  Haven't been able to set to max slow yet for either (testing extremes to test for functionality).

Also when rebooting, does not start minimized and check boxes for "start minimized" and "run as startup" are cleared out.

Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit

Dell Latitiude E6510

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM

This simply does not work for me. AutoSensitivity only detects my mouse very briefly (less than a couple of seconds) and then goes back to "Trackpad Only" sensitivity.

Note that I am not expecting my Trackpad and Mouse to have different sensitivities when both are active, this is a problem that AutoSensitivity is incorrectly "losing" the fact that my mouse is connected.

• Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.3 (PS/2)
  • Mouse: GearHead 2.4Ghz wireless tilt-wheel mouse (USB)

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM
igorkulman wrote:

Maybe you did not understand the point of this utility. Windows does not let you set sifferent sensitivities for mouse and touchpad, it is not possible in any way. This utility changes the one global sensitivity, so you have set it to different value depending on the state of your mouse (connected / disconnectet). So you have different sensitivity (that one global) when you have the mouse connected (to be able to use it, the mouse sensitivity) and different sensitivity when the mouse is disconnected (touchpad sensitivity). When your mouse is connected, the mouse sensitivity is applied, but also for touchpad.

Oh, now I see how it works...and it does work even with BT mice.

I wonder, is there a way detect what is moving the cursor, mouse or trackpad and apply the sensitivity on the fly based on this information?

Anyway, I find it's very useful utility, it's very rare when both trackpad and mouse used at the same time.

Thank you!